Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day...Belated, I Know

I made a grievous error yesterday. This blog lacked a post about Father's Day and my dad. I saw him yesterday for a party at my brother's house and got back late last night. I went to bed pretty quickly b/c I was tired but that is really no excuse. So first off, I apologize to my dad for that and being a bad kid.

Anyways, I love my Dad. He means the world to me and I want him to know that. I wouldn't be the man I am today..even though I have my faults(although there are few)...without him. His love, respect, trust and guidance have gotten me through some tough times and without him I'm not sure where I would be. I hope that I make him half as proud of me as I am proud of him. He worked his ass off for his family and although we were sometimes not as appreciative of it then as we should have been, I guess that's one of the follies of youth. He never let us down and was always there with a few words of guidance, a stern hand of discipline if we needed it and an ear for us to bend if something was troubling us. We didn't always see eye-to-eye but that hasn't stopped us from forging a wonderful relationship and one that I cherish. He's not just my dad, he's a great friend as well. If I'm even part of the man that my father is, that'll be enough.

I'm sorry this was a day late but I love you Dad and Happy Father's Day!!!!

2 comments:

JIM said...

Thank you for the Father Day comments. Your mother and myself are as proud of you as we can be. You have become quite a man. Thanks again for your comments and the puzzle is done. (THANKS)

Jason said...

Grievous -- like Greivis Vasquez!