Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Some Summer Things

Well, it's damn hot here. As with everywhere else this summer it's been terribly hot the last few weeks. We had two weeks of shorts being acceptable at work but this week, when the first two days have been hotter than anything, we've had normal business casual dress. I guess things could be worse but I'd have loved shorts the last two days.

So over this summer I've done a couple of things...not weight loss related but just some fun things. Over a span of span of two weeks in early July I read all 7 Harry Potter books and saw all 8 movies. Yep, two weeks!!! I didn't do a whole lot besides read but I really got into those books and just wanted to keep reading.

I've seen a whole bunch of movies at the theater this summer. I've seen: Kung Fu Panda 2, Hangover 2, Thor, X-Men:First Class, Green Lantern, Super 8, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2 and Captain America:The First Avenger. I've enjoyed them all in one or another although I think I loved Potter the most and thought Green Lantern was okay for what it was but was rather disappointed and unimpressed.

I'm feeling better about things right now and for the first time in awhile, went through a grocery store tonight and only bought the things I "should", not the bad things I may have wanted. Although, I have to say I didn't really want them tonight. It felt kind of good. Hopefully things are turning around. I'll be back tomorrow night with some more news...hopefully all of it good.

No comments: