Saturday, June 1, 2013

Holy Crap That's A Lot of Rain!

I saw Noah sail by the other night in his Ark. I waved at the animals and I think the gorillas waved back at me. It was pretty cool!

Okay, maybe there hasn't been THAT much rain but it sure feels like it sometimes. I'm really not going to complain too much because last year was so dry and freakin hot! Every day was another 90% humidity, no rain, 98 degrees (It's the hardest thing I'll ever have to do...) with no relief in sight. This year the temps have been pretty mild but the storms are just ridiculous. I guess I don't have much to complain about because it hasn't been as bad as it has been in OK. Those poor people, just a joke what's gone on there the last few weeks or so. I'd like to power wash, sand and stain my deck though. In order to do that, I need more than 10 minutes without rain. A week would be good with no rain, I think I could work with that. Am I asking too much???

I just finished watching my Cardinals win another game. Man, this team is fun to watch right now! Adam Wainwright only giving up one run, Shelby Miller giving up none earlier in the day....if only they'd pitched this well against San Francisco last October in the NLCS Games 5-7. Sigh..... Let's hope now that the Pacers can beat the Heat tonight to force a Game 7, that would be sweet.

Last night was my 2nd Family Dinner with Bonny's family. It was pretty fun. I got to meet another one of her uncle's and felt a little more at ease this time. I got the lasagna to eat....it was good but too much ricotta cheese. I've felt pretty good today and eaten smart at each meal which has been good. Weekends always are kinda tough. I put up some blinds in the spare room today as well....last set of blinds to put up in the upstairs. I still need some for one window downstairs but those will need to be cut at the store because it's an odd size. At some point that'll get done. My back has been a little tweak-y today. Not as strong as it has been the rest of the week which sucks a little bit. I might take a Vicodin before going to bed tonight for the first time in about a week. I guess that's what they are for though, those times when it does hurt.

Well, here's to hoping everyone stays dry for a little while and the sun keeps shining on us all!

No comments: