Sunday, May 22, 2011

Blood Results...Finally!

My father reminded me yesterday that I had said I would post my results from bloodwork that was done on my trip to the doctor a couple of weeks ago. Well, I'm finally going to put those on here. Honestly, for a fat guy, I'm in pretty decent health. I'm no Olympic athlete or Ironman triathloner or anything but the numbers are good. Well, here go:

Now:
Cholesterol: 139
HDL (good cholesterol): 32
LDL (bad cholesterol): 101
Triglycerides: 61
Blood Glucose: 86

What the Doctors Like to See:
Cholesterol: Under 200 Woo-hoo!
HDL (good cholesterol): 39 and up Still some work to do
LDL (bad cholesterol): 100 or below Almost there!
Triglycerides: Under 150 Dang!
Blood Glucose: Between 70-109 Well within that "Good" range!

The Doctor's office also gave me what my results were almost 4 years ago when I was about 60 pounds lighter than I am now:

Then:
Cholesterol: 116
HDL (good cholesterol): 32
LDL (bad cholesterol): 74
Triglycerides: 42
Blood Glucose: Didn't get this one from last time...it was good though

So, as you can see, I still have some room for improvement and with each pound lost, many of the numbers above can get better. I do still have that pesky high blood pressure which I take medication for but 4 years ago, they took me off of that for a short time...had an 'adverse' reaction to it but hopefully I'll once again be able to get off of that if all goes well.

Overall I was very pleased with what they told me and excited about getting the numbers down even further. I'd really like to get that LDL back to well below 100 again. Go away bad cholesterol! Far, far away!