Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

Well, this Memorial Day Weekend has been pretty decent. I took Friday off of work and went to see a couple of movies. I took my buddy Ryan to see Kung Fu Panda 2 in 3D in the afternoon. That was a lot of fun. He's a good kid and pretty funny. After that, we threw the football around some. It was nice to throw it around and Ryan catches and throws pretty well. It was a fun to spend some time with him.

After that, I went and saw The Hangover Part II. It was pretty funny but not as good as the first one. I wasn't expecting it to be as good as the first though but I enjoyed it alot. Poor Stu (Ed Helms)!!

The rest of my weekend has been pretty boring. I've read a whole bunch. I finished the book "Open", the autobiography of Andre Agassi. It was a good read and fun since I remember watching a bunch of the matches that he talked about. I also remember all the "Image is Everything" commercials and marketing ideas.

Then I read "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks" by Rebecca Skloot. It's the story of a line of cells taken from a black woman in the 50s. Her cells have lead to many advancements in medical fields. The woman's family had no idea for the longest time that the cells and tissues taken from her were used in this way. It was a pretty good book.

I've also started watching the TV Show "Justified". I'm only a couple of episodes into the first season but it has been good so far. Raylan Givens is an interesting character.

No comments: