Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A Day with a Bad Start

Ever have one of THOSE mornings?? I woke up this morning with a raging headache and having slept through 38 minutes of my alarm. Now, there are a few things I hate waking up with....a headache, back pain or an upset stomach. Combine that with the reduced time to get ready for work and it was a total pain in the ass. Please also keep in mind that I set my alarm early because I am NOT a fast riser in the morning, it takes me awhile to get really going. So to say that this morning wasn't one of my favorites is an understatement.

Other than the morning, the day went pretty well. Got some work accomplished, ran a few errands after work, did some work around the house, grilled a great ribeye steak and baked a potato for dinner. All in all it was a good day.

I also turned down German chocolate cake balls this afternoon. Ohmygosh! From previous experience, these things are DELICIOUS! Gayle at work makes them and they are basically German chocolate cake rolled into a ball, frozen to keep the shape and then dipped in chocolate. That is how I remember them....I steered very clear of them. Instead of those, my afternoon snack was a honeycrisp apple....which was also delicioius. The dang things are expensive but they are an apple that is totally worth it!

My back is feeling better and I only took 1 Vicodin today and that was just about an hour ago so that's some good news too. I need to get out and do a little walking around the building at lunch to try and loosen things up and/or see how things are really going with it. I'm going to do that next week. That way I can really control it since I can head inside at any point it may start to seize up on me. Last week we walked to lunch to a place that isn't far from Horace Mann but far enough that I was thanking God when we got there. About halfway there things began to get a little painful. Just an embarrassing situation but it showed me that even with the Vicodin that all was NOT right with my back and how much I still need to watch it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a very interesting morning. Those apples are really good. Keep up the good work.