Saturday, May 25, 2013

Friday/Saturday -- Yep, DBT Still Rules!!

It's been a couple of great days over Friday and now Saturday. To go somewhat chronologically....

Friday morning I ran a ton of errands and was very productive which has made the whole weekend even better. I had a nice breakfast of blueberry frosted mini-wheats with a protein shake, a banana and a small glass of orange juice. Around 1:30 or so, the guy from the gutter company showed up. Huzzah! Been waiting 3 weeks for them to get there. Lets just say I had a gutter problem in the back and a lot of water kept flowing over against the back wall of the house which is not good. He got up on the roof and fixed it all up. I know that because of Saturday and we'll get to that.

Around 3:00 I picked up Bonny so that we could go to St. Louis to see The Old 97s & the Drive-By Truckers at The Pageant. She was very pumped up as was I since we'd been looking forward to this concert for a couple of months! We stopped in Collinsville at a Ruby Tuesday and I had a NY Strip steak with a plain baked potato and a small salad from the salad bar. The steak was a little underdone but I think that's my fault because I believe I ordered medium instead of my normal medium well. All in all though it was delicious. Bonny and I had a lot of fun jumping around on my iPod and seeing what types of songs I did and did not have on there....I think I need to get "I Want You to Want Me" by Cheap Trick aaaaaaaaaannnndddd.....she'll have to help me on what else wasn't there. Word to the wise though, she does not like songs about hoochies who try to get their old man back when he's finally got his life back in order...."Jessie" by Joshua Kadison, I'm looking at you!!!!

Needless to say the concert was AWESOME! I had never heard the Old 97s but they had some really good tunes....I guess I had heard one of their songs before but I just didn't know it. DBT though came out and gave us all an Alabama Ass-Whuppin! The sound guys had the organ a little high on the mix but that was okay. It was a great time spent with Bonny and seeing my friends Ben and Becca Rudin along with a whole contingent of their family. Ben is dealing with ALS for those that don't know him and he's the one that got me into DBT and I'll be forever grateful of that. They're great people and I'm so glad they could have a helluva good time at the rock show too! Another bonus! I bought a DBT shirt even though it's too small for me, I just wanted one. It was soooooooo cold in there that Bonny put it on. :) It looked huge on her but it helped her warm up and that helped her enjoy it more. It's a load of fun sitting there singing "Zip City" or "Hell No I Ain't Happy" or "Where the Devil Don't Stay" with your girlfriend singing along as well. Just too cool!

We made it back home okay but at around 2:30 in the morning. Luckily I slept until 11:30. First time in a long time I've slept that late and it was wonderful! I didn't have a breakfast because of that though. I did run some quick errands and picked up a Subway sandwich there. Turkey/Ham on wheat with lettuce, onions, tomato, pickles, provolone and some chipotle southwest sauce. Yummy!!!!!!

The big thing though was that it rained today and pretty hard for a little while and I did NOT get the waterfall effect from my gutters. Sweet relief!!! I still need to get the dirt in my backyard re-graded from the back of the house so that water runs away the house but that's another discussion. I'm just glad that there is not a constant flow of water out of my gutters now. Joy at the small things.....

For dinner tonight I had some chicken, rice and vegetables. I made a double batch of it and instead of eating all of it, as I have been known to do in the past, I portioned it up to get the 2 meals I should out of it....PROGRESS!!!! I feel really good though and my back is getting slowly better which is another good result from all of this. I'm no longer needing the 3 Vicodin a day that I was taking a couple of weeks ago. Still get some twinges but it's slowly coming around. It's been a great weekend so far, lets hope that Sunday is even better!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you two had a good time and that is the way it should be. Glad to hear your gutters are working the way that they should.