Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Date Night with my Honey

Before I get to date night, the early part of my day. Had a good day in tons of ways. Got a bunch of work done, showed off my curriculum for one of our summer interns which was received well, got something filed, was mostly pain free and most importantly, I ate well. I basically had the same thing I've had the last couple of days but I had a pear for an afternoon snack which was very tasty.

Tonight though was a date night with my honey. :) We met up at IHOP for dinner. Now, most of the time this means an omelet and some pancakes for me, all of which gets hoovered down. Tonight I ordered the Rooty Tooty Fresh & Fruity....minus the pancakes and toast in its place. The pancakes were hard to give up but I knew it was necessary. Those carbs just weren't necessary. The other parts though...2 sunny side up eggs, 2 slices of bacon, 2 sausage links and the toast were very, very good. I also stole one slice of bacon from Bonny since she wasn't going to be able to finish. She couldn't finish other things in her meal and normally I would've probably finished off at least some of what she left....but other than the bacon and one small bite of something else I resisted. I felt pretty good about that though and what I did and did NOT have. Going out to eat can be difficult but I know if I keep my head screwed on right and just use my head for something besides a hat rack, I can overcome and wind up on the right side. I even remarked as we were leaving, "This is the first time I've ever left here after eating a full meal and not felt like I was going to explode." That gives me a little bit of a warm, fuzzy feeling.

After that, we went to see Star Trek: Into Darkness. Overall the movie was very good. If you're a fan of the old series and movies, it's very fun what they do with a few things. My left knee gave me some problems during the movie though. I've come to learn that if I keep it bent for a long period of time, it will start being painful....another area with some slight tendinitis I believe. I stupidly chose some seats in the middle of the row when I KNOW that I should sit on the left side of the screen on the aisle so I can extend that left leg and keep from just praying the movie is about over so I can stand up. As long as I'm able to stand up sometimes, everything is fine....at the movies, that is not acceptable to those around you. Of course I witnessed a guy spilling soda on the woman in front of him and not apologizing for it so maybe standing up to stretch would've been okay.

But, it was a good day overall. I got to see my main squeeze, have a good meal with her, see a movie and get her head on my shoulder...that's a little piece of heaven. :) And I ate well. That's a pretty damn good day to me!

No comments: