Friday, July 23, 2010

Day 5 - Eating Some Grapes

I'm just sitting here eating some grapes. They are mighty tasty. Well, today was another good day. I got really hungry around 11 and then again at 1:30 or so. I just had to wait for lunch and my afternoon fruit snack. I've been through all of this before so I know alot of what to expect when just starting to eat less. That's not to say that it all is easy to ignore those urges. In fact, it's one of the hardest things to do. You just get so used that, whenever you're hungry, you just get something to eat. Well, I can't do that, it's one of the BIGGEST things I need to change.

Life changes are hard. You grow up and you act a certain way and you do certain things. They become just second nature. Whenever I'm bored, excited, happy, sad, up, down, left, right, I ate....it's what I did. That's one of those things that needs to change and needs to not just change for 5 days or 5 weeks or 5 months or 5 years, it's behavior that needs to change forever and that's what I'm trying to do. It's going to take a long time to change all those habits but I know I can break them. It'll be a fight and it'll be tough for a long time, but as long as I take things day by day, I think I'll be alright and come out a winner.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your doing great Brad, keep up the good work.
Taking it day by day is the only way to go with most things in life :-)