Thursday, July 29, 2010

Sweet Thursday

I actually had a nice salad for dinner tonight. First time in a long time for something like that. Mix of romaine and iceberg lettuce, baby spinach, a tomato, a cut-up hard boiled egg and a can of tuna. Definitely need the protein. I know dressing isn't great for you but I put a serving, 2 Tbsp, of Fat Free French dressing on it. I don't know why but I just can't eat a salad dry...only crazy people and my friend Kari do that.

Lots of treats in work today. There were 3 people bringing in donuts, 1 person with some peanut butter/fudgey things and then also some Panera Bread bagels. Those are some gooooooood bagels. I stayed away though. I keep bringing in my lunch and some snacks for work and it's going well. I may only be eating around 2000 calories a day but I'm really working on spreading it out through the day so I'm not getting overly hungry which would lead to things like eating those donuts, bagels or peanut butter/fudgey things.

I've gotten a lot of great support at work though as well as through Facebook and other friends and family. I'm very appreciative as you all support me in my quest to get and stay healthy. Thank you guys, you're all great and I'm incredibly thankful and grateful for you all.

3 comments:

Jason said...

That's great! We've been using the salad spritzer type things and we've found they work pretty good in place of dressing. Also, I've found that the more juicy stuff you get in that salad, like tomatoes, peppers, olives, etc., the less you miss the real dressing.

Jason said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brad said...

I think I might try one of those spritzers. I tried one once but I can't say I gave it much of a chance when I did. What type of olives do you use? I've thought about getting some from over at Schnuck's...they have all sorts of olives there.