Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Beginning

I'm beginning this blog to try and help me change my life. You see, I've struggled with my weight my entire life. I was always overweight no matter how hard I tried to lose weight or change my eating or workout habits.

Three years ago about this time I had lost about 110 pounds from Jan 2007 to July 2007. I kept most of it off for about another 5 months but from the beginning of 2008 I've gained back all that weight plus an additional 70 pounds. It's just amazing what has happened to me these last 36 months.

My weight has always caused me an immense amount of shame and embarrassment. I need to change my ways or I'm going to die. I'd rather not die being ashamed of myself.

So, starting on Monday, July 19, 2010, I'm changing my life and I'm going to document it here, be it good or bad. I know there will be good days, I know there will be bad days, but each day will be something I need to face, overcome, persevere and triumph over. I will triumph over everything in my way. I have to or this blog won't last very long b/c I won't be around so pray this blog sticks around.

1 comment:

Jason said...

You've got my support.