Thursday, March 24, 2011

Sweet Sixteen Tonight

It's been a nice week so far. I've been walking downtown and at Golds, I've been riding my exercise bike and feeling good. Tonight, Duke plays Arizona in the Sweet Sixteen. I've very excited for it and ready to watch. It also means it's been almost a year since Jason and I went to the Final Four in Indy. No matter what, I'm going to take a new picture next weekend of just me and post that one that compared to a pic last year at the FF. I screwed up and didn't really take any pics of myself when I started this so these and Disney photos which are from March last year as well are the closest photos I have to last July. Judging from the Disney/FF photos though, I'm not sure I'd want to see any photos from when I started since I was probably about 20 pounds heavier at that point.

Anyways, I had a nice breakfast this morning. I had 2 hardboiled eggs(yolks removed), a banana and some oatmeal. I've been making the oatmeal from the Quaker Oats cardboard tube, not the instant package kind for awhile. Most mornings I have it, I just add some raisins and some sugar-free syrup. This morning I added probably half a tablespoon of peanut butter, some sliced almonds and just a little bit of agave syrup. It was extremely tasty. I bought a couple small packages of some different types of nuts to add to the oatmeal to make it a little tastier and just add some different flavors into it. I highly recommend it if you're looking for something to stick to your ribs on a cold morning.

1 comment:

Jason said...

I guess it's official that neither of us is going to Houston this year. Bah.

You've got me interested in the agave syrup/whatever. I may check that out. I do oatmeal each morning too. For what it's worth, I've found that it sticks around longer if make with milk, rather than water. Just my experience, though. I tried several things in it before landing on blueberries. The frozen ones work just fine. That and a good bit of cinnamon. Sarah does walnuts and chopped up apples, sometimes. Just interesting to see what other people do.