Sunday, April 10, 2011

Last Few Days

First of all, my back has gotten back to normal which is very good. It took a few days but by Friday all was pretty good with it and I've been riding the exercise bike again. I think I'll about flatline for the week on the weigh-in tomorrow or be up a little bit but that's okay. I just wasn't able to work out enough last week and my body just seemed to go into a recuperation mode with the back problems.

Second, the weather has been fabulous! We're supposed to get some severe storms tonight but we'll see how that goes. On Saturday night I made 2 lean pork loin chops out on my little charcoal grill. They were really good. Paired them up with some steamed asparagus and some cottage cheese with cut up strawberries. It was a really good dinner.

Third, I have to give a speech on Tuesday at Toastmasters. I know what I'm giving it on but I don't know if it'll really be any good. It's kinda goofy but we'll see. I read a whole book this weekend which hasn't happened in awhile. The book was "The Big Short" by Michael Lewis. It was all about the subprime mortgage crisis and was very interesting. I highly recommend it if you want to read about it and not be too confused. It is somewhat confusing at times but well worth the time.

Overall, the last few days have been pretty good. Fans going, windows open...just some nice weather. Also, the Masters was pretty awesome. I suck at golf..the few times I've tried to play...but I enjoy watching a few tournaments on tv and that's one of them. Lots of players in it until the end and just a bunch of fun to watch.

Well, I hope the last few have been good for you all and that the next week goes even better. I'm hopeful for a good week and making this into a really great April.

No comments: