Monday, April 18, 2011

Walking in the Vibrams

Tonight, I went out for my first walk in the Vibram Five Fingers shoes. Oh whoops, I don't think I ever mentioned that I had bought a pair on here. Last Wednesday I believe, I picked up a pair of Vibrams..."toe" shoes. These are shoes that have pockets for each of your individual toes and somewhat fit like gloves over your feet. For one thing, they are very comfortable. I had been pretty busy over the last few days of last week and this weekend....it was also pretty cold this weekend. Today I decided I'd walk around the apartments, about a 1.12 mile walk, in them. It is a much different experience than walking in normal shoes but was pretty cool. They work your calves and Achilles quite a bit. My Achilles were a little sore but I felt good after the walk. It should be fun once the weather warms up and I'm able to wear these more for longer walks and things. Needless to say, I'm really enjoying the Vibrams.

No comments: