Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy Veteran's Day

It's Veteran's Day today. I think it's great they have a day but they all deserve sooooo much more. My dad is a veteran, my grandfather was a veteran, I have some friends who have served. They deserve so much adoration, love, respect but especially our thanks. Our veterans have protected us and brought us all the freedoms we have today. Our current servicemen and women are helping to keep us all safe and it so appreciated, it's beyond words. If you see a veteran or current member of the military, shake their hand and let them know how much they're appreciated. Thanks to all the veterans out there and a special thanks to my dad. Love ya dad and appreciate everything you've done.

3 comments:

JIM said...

Love you to son! Thanks

Jason said...

I'm wrapping up my little extended stay in DC right now. I was actually at the Arlington National Cemetary and most of the main monuments/memorials on Veteran's Day. Not only are those things well worth visiting on a normal day, but it was even more meaningful and powerful Thursday, seeing lots of veterans decked out in their garb, full of pride and emotion.

Brad said...

Jason, that had to be pretty neat to be there for all of that. Would definitely be extremely poignant to be there with them on Veteran's Day.