Thursday, December 9, 2010

Unexpected Time Off

As I was getting ready for work this morning, I was about to hop in the shower when my phone dinged with a text message at 5:45 or so. Evidently a water main had broken at Horace Mann and flooded the basement and the office was closed. Now, the basement is where all the servers and things are located so it flooding is most definitely not a good thing. Lots of IT folks have been there all day trying to get all of our stuff back up and running. Sounds like they're making some progress but still a ways to go and since the water main isn't fixed yet and we do not have water to the building, we have tomorrow off as well.

Gonna be an especially busy day for me on Monday as I work Monday-Thursday next week and then will be off the rest of the year. Got to get some stuff done.

No comments: