Tuesday, December 7, 2010

What the Fudge?????!!!!!!

It's that time of year. It was finally the day. Don Closter brought in his wife's fudge today.....ohmygosh!!!! It's normally one of my favorite days of the year. This fudge is simply outstanding. It's a peanut butter fudge on the bottom and then chocolate fudge fudginess on top. The taste is simply heavenly. Once a year, Don brings in this huge tray of it. Three layers of small pieces that people gather some up and take home to spouses, kids, whatever. Someone who has been retired for 5years came in today for the fudge...that's how good it is!!!!

Anyways....I usually eat about 3 to 50 pieces. I actually don't know how many pieces I would eat but I'd say it was around 8-10 in a "normal" year. Today????? I had one. Just one. I picked it up around 9:30 this morning and kept it at my desk the whole day and enjoyed it around 3:45. Why did I keep it at my desk instead of eating it? I knew it was there and I told myself I had to eat that one first if I ate any. So, by waiting and eating it later, I didn't have the chance to have any more. It really was a lot easier for me than I thought it would be. But let me tell you, it was goooooooooooood!

Kay Closter's Fudge = outstanding
My willpower concerning the aforementioned fudge = outstanding

Those two things above make for a pretty good day and a proud one for me that I was able to resist. I would call that progress for me and I would definitely call it a success.

2 comments:

JenMarie said...

Oh how I miss Kay's fudge!! :)

Jason said...

This is impressive! I'm certain I wouldn't have stopped at one.