Saturday, January 22, 2011

A New Year of Poker

Had our first poker night of the year last night. Luckily I finished 2nd in the first game which was better than I finished in ANY game last year. For the first time since 2009, I came home from poker with more money than when I left. It's about dang time!

Today though was a pretty good day. Did some laundry, got groceries...just a normal Saturday. I was pretty tired all day though which is what made my time on the bike so strange. From the moment I started I was just kicking some butt. I complained earlier in the week about not topping my personal record of 12.46 miles. Well, I made it to 12.91 miles today. Just a little shy of 13 miles which is pretty impressive for me. I was very happy with that result even though I was trying hard to get to 13 miles at the end there. Glad that I seem to be able to improve my general health. I feel that I'm making some excellent progress.

Tomorrow I have to take measurements in the morning and I really hope they turn out well. I think my weigh-in will be good on Monday as well. Hopefully this is the beginning of a real good weekend.

No comments: