Sunday, January 16, 2011

Salmon on Sunday

Sunday has been a pretty good day for me. Did a few things around the place, finished reading a couple of magazines, did some lifting(still not alot but have to start somewhere), rode the bike for 12.35 miles in 45 minutes, and ate some wonderful chili. My chili is almost gone but the NFL season is almost over and that's when I like to have chili. Watched the Bears and the Jets win today and I have to figure out who to pick for next week to stay in a football pool that could be worth $1000 to me if I won.

I tried something new for dinner tonight. I was going to make a salmon filet on the George Foreman Grill but wanted to do something different. Well, I had some ciabatta bread left(I really like ciabatta bread!) and thought I could make a pretty good sandwich with the salmon so I did the following:

1) Toasted the ciabatta on the panini grill
2) Combined some low fat mayonnaise with some lime juice and red cayenne pepper and basil...cayenne added a little kick
3) Cut a couple of thin slices off a little block of mozzarella
4) Spread the lime-mayo on the toasted ciabatta and put the mozzarella on it..microwaved this for about 30 seconds to melt the cheese a little
5) Put the salmon on the ciabatta with some lettuce as well
6) Most importantly...ate it and enjoyed it ALOT!

I have to say that it was a dang fine sandwich. I'll have to have it again sometime and just keep trying to think of some new things to have and ways to add even more flavor to all these wonderful things I'm eating now.

I'm hoping for a little weight loss this week but we'll just have to see. The weighing in in the mornings hasn't been the best even though I've had a good week on many fronts. Well, keep your fingers crossed for me and I'll let you know tomorrow! I'm thinking thin! HAHA!

1 comment:

Jason said...

That sounds good. Thanks for making me hungry.