Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Getting Up Is Rough

Waking up in the morning is one thing.....GETTING up early in the morning is another. I stared at the alarm clock briefly this morning as it was blaring at me to get up. Unfortunately...or, fortunately depending on how you look at it....it did not shut up and turn itself off like I was telling it to with my mind. Soooooooo, I dragged my weary ass out of bed and got myself off to the gym again. I had my protein shake and was out the door by 5:15am to get there by 5:30.

Now, the funny thing about the gym is that it's been a few years since I've really gone regularly. It was 2007 when I first joined and went 6 days a week for about 6 months. One of the things you notice is that you see the same people all the time. I would like to think that I kind of became one of the "regulars" during that period but who knows? Fast forward 3 years and you know who I see there in the morning??? About 75% of the people I remember seeing back then!! It's sort of spooky really but most of them look like they continued going to the gym while I look like I ate enough food to fill the gym. It does have a strangeness to it though to see alot of these people again. Mind you, I don't talk to any of them because I don't want to but I see them just like they see me.

I did get in a nice workout though this morning. I kicked it up a notch on the elliptical by still doing 15 minutes but adding 2 levels of resistance every few minutes so that when I ended I was on a resistance 11. I did some various weights, still trying to loosen everything up before I dive into some lifting plans but I'm feeling pretty good.

At lunch, I walked with Kari, Jeremy and Teresa down to the Farmer's Market. I didn't really get much, just a loaf of Challah bread so I could have some with my pasta on Pasta Night, but it was nice to walk downtown with them and it was a beautiful day out. It was just gorgeous and I'm glad we went out. I needed the walk although I'm very tired tonight. I don't have the gym tomorrow but would like to go for a walk and get in some time on the exercise bike in the evening. I'll let you know how it goes when I give you all the gift of another post. HA!

One last thing....holy crappin' crap Roy Halladay pitched a helluva game in the playoffs. A no-hitter against the team that beat the Cardinals for the NL Central....darn impressive.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Just got caught up on the last week or so. Good job hitting the gym again!

Brad said...

Thanks Jason! It's actually felt really good to go back although I'm still really easing into it. It's been rough in some ways but easy in others. The more I go though...the easier it all gets.