Friday, August 20, 2010

Denny's

Going out to lunch can be a little difficult. Just going out to eat is a challenge. I knew where we were going beforehand so I was able to prepare and that really helped me out. As you can probably tell from the title of this post, we went to Denny's for lunch. And let me tell you.....it was really good.

My preparation was crucial for me though because I knew what I was going to order before we got there. I knew what some options were and had made an informed decision about what I was going to be eating. Trust me, this really was kind of a first for me and a nice step. I wound up ordering a ham and cheese egg white omelette with an English muffin and seasonal fruit. The seasonal fruit was in place of either hash browns or grits in all the choices. In the past I would've ordered the normal omelette with hash browns and biscuits as my bread choice. So I wound up being able to have a lunch not too high in calories or fat that had some protein. There were a few too many carbs but I can live with that.

I'm very optimistic at how I'm progressing and staying on an downward weight trajectory. Physically I'm moving around better which is a giant plus. I still have a LONG, LONG, LONG way to go but things are looking up after my first 33 days. But overall I'm feeling pretty dang good and am just working on keeping my mind in a good place and staying within myself. Saying it is easy, doing it is a lot harder for me but I'm definitely getting better.

No comments: