Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Fast Food Foibles #3

Mmmmmm....Mexican food. Still makes my mouth water a little bit just thinking about it. I do love tacos, burritos, nachos, etc. The cheese, the seasoned meat, the tortillas, it's all just really good. BUT, it's not good for you when eaten in large quantities and that was/is/has been my downfall. I loved it a few years ago when Taco Bell re-opened in Springfield. For a few years, this town was without any Taco Bells at all. Looking back, maybe it was a good thing we didn't have any so I couldn't go through their easily accessible drive-thru.

Have I ever really talked about drive-thrus? I loved drive-thrus. They give you a perception of anonymity because while you're interacting with a person, you aren't really looking them eye-to-eye....you're in your car listening to the radio or looking at your phone while they're inside the building. I have hardly stepped into a fast food place in the last 10 years unless it was at lunch and I went with other people. Of course, I ordered a lot less food in those situations because I would never eat this amount in front of them.

Anyways, back to the Taco Bell orders. There are 3 different orders that were fairly "normal" orders for me when I would make a run for the border....yeah, run...about the only "run" I was doing. Here are the orders:

Normal Order #1: 2 Soft Beef Tacos, 2 1/2 Beef Combo Burritos and 1 Crunchwrap Supreme
Normal Order #2: 2 Soft Beef Tacos, 2 1/2 Beef Combo Burritos and a Nachos Bell Grande(with no tomatoes...who wants those when you've got cheese sauce and sour cream?)
Normal Order #3: 2 Soft Beef Tacos, 2 Beefy 5-Layer Burritos and a Nachos Bell Grande(still no tomatoes...they would add some type of nutrition to the meal...maybe I was scared of potential salmonella or something)


Normal Order #1 has 1860 calories, 75 grams of fat and 217 carbohydrate grams.
Normal Order #2 has 2090 calories, 96 grams of fat and 224 carbohydrate grams.
Normal Order #3 has 2290 calories, 104 grams of fat and 258 carbohydrate grams.

While none of the orders are good, evidently the Nachos Bell Grande was a HUGE mistake and the introduction of those damn tasty yet damn horrible Beefy 5-Layer Burritos months ago was another killer. Yes Brad, that was your problem, not the whole order!!!

Well, that does it for Mexican...well, Taco Bell...food. I think I'm really grossing myself out with all this stuff I ate. Consuming enough food in one meal for a family of four is no way to live your life.

No comments: