Sunday, August 22, 2010

Just Not Sure What to Say....

I was hoping this would be a fun post but it really won't be...it's very introspective I guess. My day today was okay. Had a good day with my parents and at my Fantasy Football draft in Peoria. I ate in moderation and stayed away from things that were bad for me. On that note, it was a successful, good day. But some days are not all about me, my weight or my challenges.

There was some bad news today in my small section of the world. A friend of mine, Leaan Allison, lost her husband in a 4-wheeler accident. I don't know much else than that but I know that this sucks. I feel so badly for her and her/his family. It's just such an unexpected thing and to someone so young it puts everything into perspective and makes you really look at your life. It just makes you realize how precious the gift of life is and how much we sometimes take the future we believe we are owed and our relationships with others for granted.

So, I'm just gonna say this...keep Leaan and her family in your prayers and thoughts. She's a special person and a good friend. Also, if you're reading this and you've got someone there....a husband, wife, girlfriend, boyfriend, your kids, whoever, give them a long hug, a big kiss and let them know how much you love them because the future is promised to no one. Just do that today for me and say a prayer for Leaan, she needs them now.

No comments: