Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Fast Food Foibles #2

Today we are covering pizza. Most of the time I would order Papa John's online. It was just the easiest way to do it. I didn't have to call and talk to anyone, I could make the order for whatever I wanted and basically only deal with the delivery driver. I could order early and set it up to get there whenever I wanted. It just made it very convenient.

Most of the time, my order would consist of a Papa XL pizza, the 16" one, with sausage, mushroom, pineapple and extra cheese. I would also get an order of cheesesticks and then get a couple of their dipping sauces for the crust. Many times these dipping sauces were a Cheese sauce, Honey Mustard and a Ranch. These would be used along with a Pizza sauce that came along with the cheesesticks.

Now, I wouldn't eat ALL of this.....but MOST of it in one sitting. I would eat about 6 slices of the pizza, the whole order of cheesesticks along with the cheese, honey mustard, ranch and pizza dipping sauces. The final tally for this amount of food: 3705 calories, 175.5 grams of fat and 393 grams of carbs!!! Holy schmoley!

This would sometime be eaten later at night too which just made it even worse. I probably did this one time a week...maybe two if it was a week I just didn't feel like making dinner very much. Just scary.

No comments: