Saturday, August 28, 2010

Farmer's Market Saturday and Poker Sucks!

Took a trek downtown this morning to the Farmer's Market. I picked up some peaches, Yukon Gold potatoes, green beans, some sweet corn and some awesome Chipotle Salsa. Just a beautiful morning out there and a nice walk downtown. They are also having a Blues BBQ festival down there and the smell of Bar-B-Que was strong in the air. Ohmygosh did it smell wonderful! Just all the smokers going......too early to have anything but the smell was heavenly.

Poker last night did not go very well. I did about as well as I could with the cards I got and the luck I had. But, I wound up with no money and a lot of disappointment. I guess the bright side was that I got home early and was able to get some sleep.

I've got a couple of fantasy football drafts today. One at 2:00 and one at 7:00. They both should be fun, one of them is with some Claims guys from work that I won last year so I must defend my title. Going to be a nice day and looking forward to some good times with my fellow fantasy football players.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Is the salsa some locally made thing? That sounds good.

Brad said...

It is "local"...Southern Illinois. They have a website, www.darnhotpeppers.com, but the price is higher on there than what I buy it for at the Farmer's Market and then there would be shipping. It is good though but I'm not sure if it's $12-$13/jar good. I get it here for $7.50 and that's quite a bit in my opinion.