Monday, August 23, 2010

Monday Off

I had a vacation day today. It was a beautiful day out there today. I was able to have my windows and patio door open all day long and it was very comfortable. Did a little grocery shopping today and straightening up around this place, things had just gotten a little disheveled. Other than that, not a very noteworthy day. I did have a good weigh-in this morning that you could read in an earlier blog entry.

I've been doing really well and keep on......what's the word I'm looking for?? Oh yeah, TRYING! That's been one of my big downfalls in the past, I just wasn't trying all that hard. I'd have a few good days and figure I could have something as a reward and just eat bad. How messed up is that???!!! But that's what I did over and over. Three years ago I got to see what I could actually do when I put my heart into it. Now, I just have to put my heart into it and just keep going and get to the point where I don't have to think about it, I just "live" it. That's where I need to go, where I want to be, where I need to be.

I want my life to be mine. For the longest time my life has belonged to food and that's just really unacceptable. Food is an essential piece of life so it's not just like I can cut it out 100% or anything like that but I have to break my addiction to it. I've been doing really well so far but it's an everyday thing that I have to face, just like any other addiction. All I can say right now is that I'm winning and am going to continue winning because I want to have the type of life I enjoy, not just the type that I tolerate which is what I have been living. It's a struggle, but it's one I intend on winning.

No comments: