Monday, August 2, 2010

Fast Food Foibles #1

Yesterday I said that I would put in the blog some of my "normal" or "regular" fast food orders. I started to look up nutrition info for these orders this afternoon. It was really crazy how things add up and the scary-ass numbers that wind up coming out of all of this. I'm just going to jump into it and for our first installment, it will be the place that I probably went to the most because it's on my way home and very convenient: McDonald's. There are 2 parts to this...the normal order which has 2 possibilities and one that I would sometimes consider a late night snack.

Normal Order 1: #1 Value Meal Large - Big Mac, Large Fries, Large Dr Pepper; along with 2 Double Cheeseburgers
Normal Order 2: #1 Value Meal Large - Big Mac, Large Fries, Large Dr Pepper; along with 1 Double Cheeseburger and 1 McChicken Sandwich
Snack Order: 2 Double Cheeseburgers and an M&M McFlurry


Normal Order 1 is 2230 calories, 100 grams of fat and 262 grams of carbohydrates
Normal Order 2 is 2150 calories, 93 grams of fat and 268 grams of carbohydrates
Snack Order is 1590 calories, 71 grams of fat and 173 grams of carbohydrates

Holy crap! Right now I'm eating around 2000 calories a day and this put me over the amount in one meal and this doesn't even take into account all the other stuff I ate during the day, be it for meals or snacking. Just crazy to think about. Just really sad that I was killing myself slowly with that stuff. Probably had one of the normal order variations at least once a week and the snack probably once every 2 weeks or so on average. Really hard to look at and think about when you put it all down like that.

No comments: