Thursday, August 5, 2010

Fast Food Foibles #4

I scream, you scream, we all scream for....ICE CREAM! Yes we all do. Who doesn't love some ice cream especially on super-hot, super-humid Illinois summer days? It's delicious and refreshing, especially some soft serve. And who rules soft serve? Dairy Queen. Ahhhhhh, Dairy Queen....soft serve paradise.

Just like Taco Bell, Dairy Queen is another place that Springfield did without for a few years. There's one across town but not one near me where I could get something and get home before it all melted. Well, that all changed a few months ago. They opened up a new DQ about 3 minutes from me by car...bad situation for a chronically overeating fat guy.

Most times I would just buy a Blizzard because I hadn't had one in a long time and they are an awesomely refreshing treat on a hot day. But then I decided to stop some times for dinner and a Blizzard. I stopped a few times in the past few months and here was my order:

Normal Order: 2 Chili Cheese Hot Dogs, 2 Double Cheeseburgers and a Large Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard.

I wouldn't eat the Blizzard right away after the other items but would give it some time. That doesn't make it the right thing to do or make it any less bad. The nutritional info for that order on the whole: 3100 calories, 161 grams of fat and 254 carbohydrate grams. It's all bad but the Blizzard alone is 1060 calories, 45 fat grams and 140 carb grams of that total.

There were also times that I would buy a box of Buster Bars. There are 6 of those in a box. Now, I wouldn't eat all of those at once but I found that these are the nutrition facts for 1 of those: 480 calories, 31 grams of fat and 45 carb grams. Just not good either.

Just another place I have to stay away from for a long time. And even if I did have anything from there it can't and won't be anything like it was. I can promise everyone and most importantly myself that that won't happen ever again.

No comments: